A9800 & AF9800 Series
- Product Code:
- Availability: In Stock
- For Doors - 1 ¾" thick standard, optional 2 ¼” thick. 4 ½" minimum stile width for single or double door application using standard 239 strike and pull or lever, thumbpiece, and escutcheon trim. 2-3/4" backset.
- Chassis - Non-Ferrous Alloy (Panic Grade), Steel (Fire Grade)
- Cover - Brass, Bronze, or Stainless Steel. Covers stock hollow metal doors with 161 cut out.
- Mounting - Furnished with wood and machine screws. Available with thru-bolts on request. Thru bolts are included and standard packaging on fire-rated devices.
- End Cap - Brass, Bronze, or Stainless Steel construction.
- Alarm - Available.
- Hand - Non-handed, center hub.
- Latch Bolt - Stainless Steel 3/4" throw.
- Spring - Stainless Steel throughout.
- ANSI Standard - A156.3, Grade 1.
- Strike - 239 packed standard (See strike page).
- Trim - See Trim Designs page.
- Dogging Feature - Allen-type key furnished standard on non-fire labeled devices. Cylinder dogging available.
- Mullion - Available.
- UL and ULC Listed - A9800 Series for panic. AF9800 Series for fire exit hardware for all types or 4' x 8' single doors and 8' x 8' double doors for up to 3-hour fire labeled installations, conforms to standards UL10C and UBC 7-2-1997 codes.
- Finish - Architectural plated finishes.
- Electronic Functions - (ELR) Electrical Latch Retraction and RX & LX Signal Switch available.
- Anti-Microbial Coating - Available on US32D only. Use part # ANTB-EXIT
Suggested Architect’s Specifications
- All exit devices shall be of touch bar design with smooth operation and be operative over ⅔ of the door’s clear opening width
- All exit devices must be listed under “Panic Hardware” in the Accident Equipment List of Underwriter’ Laboratories, Inc. Where labeled doors are used as exits, they must be equipped with labeled Fire Exit Hardware and UL10C, UBC 7-2-1997 codes
- All springs shall be of stainless steel throughout
- All exit devices shall be of chassis mounted unit construction.
- All exit devices shall be ANSI A156.3, Grade 1.
Minimum Stile Requirements
- Template 9800 HEAD ASSEMBLY
- Template - 9800 Panic Rim Type Exit Device
- Template - F9800 Panic Rim Type Exit Device
- Template - 9890V Panic Vertical Rod Exit Device
- Template - F9890V Fire Vertical Rod Exit Device
RIM TYPE EXIT DEVICES. For use in institutions, schools, universities, commercial buildings where heavy duty reliable operation is a requirement.
- A9800 & AF9800 ADA SERIES
- ANSI A156.3, GRADE 1 heavy duty exit device in surface vertical rod and rim designs.
- Retrofits Sargent 8800 Series using 9800 Escutcheon trim
- Rail assemblies and end caps are made of brass, bronze, or stainless steel. Rail travels in direction of the door swing.
- Trims are thru bolted for additional security.
- Conforms & Meets ADA Regulations.
- Americans with Disability Act (ADA) Compliant, 5 lbs. opening force.
- UL Listed for Panic and UL10C, UBC 7-2-1997 codes.
- UL Listed for Fire Exit Hardware. 3 hours.
- (A) label rating on pairs of doors up to 8’0″ x 8’0″ swinging in same or opposite directions.
- Uncompromising security and safety in single and double fire exit doors.
- Chassis mounted unit construction. Rim and vertical rod devices are non-handed and easily reversible.
- Available in many different functions. Lever and escutcheon trims are grade 1 construction with clutch on rose trims. Escutcheon trims are rigid and cover 161 cut out.
- A9800 & AF9800 ADA SERIES